"CUM GRANDE HUMILITATE!"

"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words."

A special "Thank you!"
Goes out to
John Michael Talbot
for giving us permission
to use his song on our
"Come to the Quiet"
You Tube Video
T
T
_______________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________

Monday, August 14, 2006

When You Come Away From Prayer

St. Francis used to say things like this to his intimates: And when you come away from prayer, you should appear to be only a poor sinner, and not someone who has just received a new grace. For you can lose something precious for the sake of a small gratification of your vanity and easily provoke him who gave not to give again.

Celano - Second Life

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, upon returning to the pew after receiving the Eucharist, I bury my face in my hands and weep in the presence of God.

    My concern at those times is that some may take that as a "show" and I pray that I could be alone, deep in the woods, and just let myself weep aboundantly within the loving arms of our Savior!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I discussed this with a very dear friend of mine last night. he told me that there are times while sitting at Mass, he looks up at the large stained glass window of the Last Supper and the tears start rolling down his cheek. What wonderful joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never forget attending the National Catholic Charismatic Conference at Notre Dame University several years ago when God's Holy Spirit moved across the stadium of over 20,000 people with the gift of Holy Tears. A beautiful sister looked over at me and said, "Oh honey, when God wrenches your heart, there is no place else for His love to go, so the only way it can be released is by pouring from your eyes!"

    ReplyDelete