"CUM GRANDE HUMILITATE!"

"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words."

A special "Thank you!"
Goes out to
John Michael Talbot
for giving us permission
to use his song on our
"Come to the Quiet"
You Tube Video
T
T
_______________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

ASH WEDNESDAY

FIRST READING: Joel 2:12-18

RESPONSORIAL PSALM: Psalm 51:3-4, 5-6, 12-13, 14, 17

SECOND READING: Corinthians 5:20-6:2

GOSPEL: Matthew 6:1-6, 16-18



"Wherever we are or wherever we are going, we have our cell with us. For Brother Body is the cell, and the soul is the hermit who dwells in it, meditating there and praying to God. Therefore, if the soul does not preserve quiet and solitude in its own cell, of what profit is a cell made by hands?"


Legend of Perugia – 80




As I enter the tiny, darkened church, I can see the Tabernacle on the Altar. The church is my body and the tabernacle my soul. Drawing nearer to the Tabernacle, I take the key and open it.

As your Eucharistic Body is exposed, your presence being brighter than the sun, plunges me into pitch-black darkness. I know you're there, somewhere in that black night within my soul. I find you! We throw our arms around each other in a tight embrace!

But what is this? My chest is covered with warm dampness. You're bleeding, my Lord! Your chest is covered in blood and now I am covered in that blood too. I did this to you, Jesus. That spear pierced your precious and holy heart because of my sins.

You weep.

You weep tears of sorrow because we have been separated for so long because of my sins. You also weep tears of joy because I have returned to you and we grip to each other in a locked embrace.



From a brother at the Portiuncula: the Little Portion

No comments:

Post a Comment