"CUM GRANDE HUMILITATE!"

"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words."

A special "Thank you!"
Goes out to
John Michael Talbot
for giving us permission
to use his song on our
"Come to the Quiet"
You Tube Video
T
T
_______________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Having Prudence In Fasting

Our most holy Father, knowing that the body was created to serve the soul, and that bodily actions were to be performed for spiritual endes, used to say, 'In eating, sleeping, and satisfying the other needs of the body, the servant of God should make sensible provision for his Brother Body so that he may not have cause to complain and say, "I canot stand upright and continue at prayer, nor can I be cheerful in my troubles or do other good things, because you do not provide for my needs."'

Saint Francis of Assisi
Mirror of Perfection - 97

1 comment:

  1. Great Blog, Chris! I'm a huge "fan" of St Francis! I've posted your blog's address on mine (claudiastan.blogspot.com).
    As I see you've got lots of quotations related to our dearest saint, I wonder if you can direct me to a virtual library where I can find the complete writings of St Francis and all related to him (especially the biographies by St. Bonaventura and by Tomasso Celano).

    Thanks. Pax et bonum!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete