"CUM GRANDE HUMILITATE!"

"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words."

A special "Thank you!"
Goes out to
John Michael Talbot
for giving us permission
to use his song on our
"Come to the Quiet"
You Tube Video
T
T
_______________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________

Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Stigmata of St. Francis




"I was praying on that spot where the Chapel of Count Simon of Battifolle is now, and I was asking my Lord Jesus Christ for two graces. The first was that I should feel in my soul and in my body, as far as possible, all that pain which He had felt within Himself during His most hly Passion. The second grace I asked was that I should likewise feel in my heart that most intense love which He enkindled within Himself so as to endure such suffering for us sinners. And then God put it into my heart that He would let me feel both the one and then the other, as much as possible for a mere creature. And that was fully accomplished in me during the imprinting of the Stigmata."


Saint Francis of Assisi
The Little Flowers of St. Francis 
Part II
The Considerations of the Holy Stigmata

T

No comments:

Post a Comment